Pricing Policy and Conditions 2006
- 2007 Institutional Pricing Policy
- Exclusions from the institutional pricing policy
- New additions to the institutional pricing policy 2006
- Payment terms
- Online access and collection options
Our pricing policy has not changed for 2006. Oxford University Press Journals will continue to offer the following subscription options for individual title purchase by institutional subscribers:
- Standard Institutional Subscription - Print with Online Subscription* A Standard Institutional Subscription includes a combined print subscription with site-wide online access to the title.
- Online-only Institutional Subscription* Site-wide online-only access is available at a 10% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription rate.
- Print-only Institutional Subscription Print-only subscriptions are available on request at a 5% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription. This will entitle the customer to receive a print copy of each issue of the title for the calendar year.
*Online access for items 1 and 2 above include:
- IP registered access across a single site (multi-sites may contact us to negotiate an extended license)
- Access to full-text in HTML (where available) and PDF - current contents, plus online back issues from 1996 where available
- Remote access allowed via secure proxy
- Inter-library loan
- Archival access to paid-for content - See the OUP Institutional Site Licence for full details.
A full institutional price list is now available in a printable format. We also offer options for the purchase of our current and archival (pre-1996) content by collection online, see Collection sales for further information
Nucleic Acids Research - Open Access in 2006 Nucleic Acids Research (NAR) will continue with a full ‘Open Access’ (OA) publishing model in 2006. The online edition will be completely free of charge and the journal will be funded by institutional memberships, print subscriptions and author charges. Customers will continue to require a subscription to receive NAR in print.
To support NAR’s Open Access model in 2006, institutional subscribers will have 2 options:
- Institutional membership: - single site. NAR institutional membership secures substantially discounted publication charges for corresponding authors based at the member institution. A print subscription is not included in institutional membership. Multi-site memberships are also available.
- Print subscription: Institutions will require a print subscription in order to receive print copies of NAR. A 2006 institutional print subscription will no longer include complimentary membership.
Both options are available via subscription agents and directly from Oxford Journals. A further communication detailing the renewal procedures for agents will follow. More information about the new model, and frequently asked questions can be found at our NAR help pages.
Titles without an online-only subscription
The online-only rates have been removed for the following three titles, as online-only subscriptions will continue to be unavailable for 2006 (although online will still be available as part of a print subscription). This is because, on some occasions, we will not be able to obtain perpetual licenses to display enough of the illustrations within articles to justify the independent existence of an online-only version. The online version will provide useful 24/7 access to the full text of the journals, but will exclude the majority of the illustrations which will only be found in the print version.
- Journal of Design History
- Journal of the History of Collections
- Oxford Art Journal
Free Online Access
The following titles will be freely available online in 2006:
Evidence Based Complementary Medicine. This has been made possible by the generous support of Ishikawa Natural Medicinal Products Research Center (INMPRC)
JNCI Cancer Spectrum
JNCI Cancer Spectrum (ISSN 1475-4029) is an online resource, available since 2002, based around the field's most highly cited original research journal, the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. The pricing structure for online access by institutions is based on FTE (Full Time Equivalents) and the size of the institution. Please see Cancer Spectrum for further details, or Email us at Customer Services.
These titles were excluded during 2005 but will now be available as combined print and online, online-only or print-only subscriptions for 2006:
- IEICE – Transactions on Communications
- IEICE – Transactions on Electronics
- IEICE -–Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences
- IEICE – Transactions on Information and Systems
Full pre-payment, in the correct currency, is required for all orders. The payment currency is dependent on the delivery address, with UK delivery payment should be in sterling; European delivery in euros*, and elsewhere in US dollars. If you are unable to send the correct currency, please convert the correct currency rate using the current rate of exchange. All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
- By cheque in £ sterling drawn on a UK bank, euro € drawn on a European bank, or in US$ drawn on a US bank. Cheques should be made payable to Oxford Journals.
- By bank transfer (£ sterling only - dollar and euro rates must be converted at the current rate of exchange) directly to our bank: Barclays Bank plc, Oxford City Office, PO Box 333, Oxford, OX1 3HS, UK. Bank sort code: 20-65-18. Account No. 70299332. IBAN number GB89BARC20651870299332. Swift code BARCGB22 quoting your subscriber number
- By Mastercard, Switch, Visa or American Express. Due to excessive charges, subscription agents paying by credit card will forfeit their agency discount.
- By charge card: Automatic annual charge to either Visa or Mastercard is available. Please contact us for further details.
Payment for orders to be delivered within Europe (excluding the UK) should be made in EURO for all titles for 2006 volumes.
All subscriptions (including those for online titles) are accepted and entered on a complete volume basis only. Subscriptions commence with the first issue of the current year and expire in December with issues already published sent on receipt of payment.
Agents may deduct 5% from the prices quoted on titles. Please note that this discount is not applicable if payment is made by credit card.
All subscriptions in Canada are subject to a Goods and Service Tax. Please add 7% to the prices quoted. Subscriptions in the EU may be subject to European VAT. If you are registered, please supply details to avoid unnecessary charges.
Online and Combined subscriptions for bill-to addresses in the UK are subject to VAT:
For Online-only subscriptions please add 17.5% VAT to the total value of the subscription.
For Online and Print packages please add 17.5% VAT on 30% of the total value of the subscription.
Indexes are provided free of charge for most of our journals.
Our prices include Standard Air as postage outside of the UK.
Orders are regarded as firm and, after the first issue of the volume has been dispatched, subscription payments are not refundable.
Claims should be made within four months of publication or date of order (whichever is later).
Please give four weeks notice of change of address, supplying both the old and new address details.
Personal rates are applicable only when a subscription is for individual use and are not available if delivery is made to a corporate address.
Personal print subscriptions will include online access from 1996 (where available) in 2006.
Please note: Many Oxford Journals titles offer special member and student rates alongside institutional subscriptions. Please see individual titles for details.
Access to articles from 1996 are normally available via a current subscription. In order to view content prior to 1996, access to the Oxford Journals digital archive is required. Alternatively, short term access on a pay per article basis is available.
Oxford Journals is scanning older back issues of their journals so that they can be made available electronically. The issues are being compiled into subject-based archives (electronic backfiles) which are available for outright purchase or subscription. The archives contain the content of each journal from Volume 1, Issue 1 up until the end of 1995.
A complete archive includes all journals in the subject-based archives (with no duplication of content). This will be available from January 2006. Purchase of the complete archive represents a saving of over 15% on the total purchase price of the individual archives. Further information can be found at our archive pages.
Access to Oxford Journals
Online Librarians are required to set up their own account for institutional access to Oxford Journals online; details on how to do this are available in our section For Librarians.
Our content is also accessible from a selection of gateways including SwetsWise, EBSCOhost Electronic Journals, OCLC Electronic Collections Online, Ingenta, Minerva etc. Please ask your subscription agent for further details or contact Oxford Journals Customer Services.
Publishing Ahead of Print
For Oxford Journals that have full-text articles online, in all cases the online issues are published before or at the same time as the print. However, there are several titles that offer 'Publish Ahead of Print' or 'Continuous Publication' services, which result in journal articles appearing online several weeks ahead of print. Details of such services are available at the relevant Oxford Journal home pages.
Collection and Consortia Purchasing
We offer a range of purchasing options for our online collection & subsets for individual organisations, multi-sites and consortia Contact our Collection Sales team.
Developing Countries Offer
Oxford University Press offers developing countries free (or greatly reduced) online access to many of our journals. The offer is made in conjunction with the International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). This offer is only available for established not-for profit educational institutes. Please see our Developing Countries page to access a list of qualifying countries, and participating journals.
Keeping you Updated
Changes to our list
New launches, new acquisitions, and titles changing frequency