Pricing Policy and Conditions 2008
- 2008 Institutional Pricing Policy
- Exclusions to the 2008 institutional pricing policy
- Payment terms
- Oxford Open update
- Online access and collections
- Oxford Journals Digital Archive update
- Oxford Journals Collection update
- For developing countries customers
- Contact information
2008 Institutional Pricing Policy
Oxford Journals will continue to offer the following subscription options for individual title purchase by institutional subscribers with both the Online-only and Print-only options offering a 5% discount:
- Standard Institutional Subscription - Print with Online subscription includes a combined print subscription with site-wide online access to the title.
- Online-only Institutional Subscription - Site-wide online-only access is available at a 5% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription rate. For some open access titles the discount may be higher.
- Print-only Institutional Subscription - Print-only subscriptions are available at a 5% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription. This will entitle the customer to receive a print copy of each issue of the title for the calendar year.
*Online access for items 1 and 2 above include:
- IP registered access across a single site (multi-sites may contact us to negotiate an extended license)
- Access to full-text in HTML (where available) and PDF - current contents, plus online back issues from 1996 where available
- Remote access allowed via secure proxy
- Inter-library loan
- Archival access to paid-for content
Full details of the Oxford Journals Institutional Site licence can be found at: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/help/site_licence_agreements.html
Exclusions to the 2008 Institutional Price Policy
- Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1969 onwards.
- Journal of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1926 onwards.
- Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1865 onwards.
All 2008 orders delivered outside Europe and North America will be renewed and invoiced in GBP Sterling.
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders. Payment should be in US dollars for orders being delivered to US or Canada; Euros for orders being delivered within Europe (excluding the UK); GBP sterling for orders being delivered elsewhere (i.e. not being delivered to US, Canada, or Europe). All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- By cheque in £ sterling drawn on a UK bank, € euro drawn on a European bank, or in $ US drawn on a US bank. Cheques should be made payable to Oxford Journals. All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
- By bank transfer to Barclays Bank Plc, Oxford Group Office, Oxford (bank sort code: 20-65-18) (UK). Overseas only: SWIFT BARC GB 22.
- GB £ Sterling to a/c no 70299332 - IBAN GB89BARC20651870299332
- US $ Dollars to a/c no 66014600 - IBAN GB27BARC20651866014600
- EU € Euros to a/c no 78923655 - IBAN GB16BARC20651878923655
- By Mastercard, Switch/Maestro, Visa, or American Express. Due to excessive charges, subscription agents paying by credit card will forfeit their agency discount.
- By charge card: automatic annual charge to either Visa or Mastercard is available. Please contact us for further details.
The VAT number for Oxford Journals is GB 195 27 53 34. Please ensure that this number is noted for all transactions where it is required.
All subscriptions in Canada are subject to a Goods and Service Tax. Please add 5% to the prices quoted. Subscriptions in the EU may be subject to European VAT. If you are registered, please supply details to avoid unnecessary charges.
Online and Combined subscriptions for bill-to addresses in the UK are subject to VAT:
- For Online-only subscriptions please add 17.5% VAT to the total value of the subscription.
- For Online and Print packages please add 17.5% VAT on 30% of the total value of the subscription.
Oxford Open Update
Optional open access
Author publication charges under the optional Oxford Open model, and a list of journals included in this model can be found at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/oxfordopen/. We would like to remind you that the Journal of Experimental Botany operates a different model to other optional open access journals. Visit http://www.oxfordjournals.org/exbotj/open_access.html for more information.
2008 price adjustments
2008 online-only subscription prices for journals offering the optional Oxford Open model have been adjusted to reflect any increase in the amount of open access versus non-open access content published in each journal in 2006 compared to the amount in 2005. Generally, the more open access content published in a journal, the lower the future online-only price. However, this picture is sometimes complicated by other factors such as changes in page extent, issue frequency, and exchange rate adjustments.
Nucleic Acids Research's open access model
Nucleic Acids Research (NAR) will continue with a full "Open Access" (OA) publishing model in 2008. Institutions can choose to purchase institutional membership to the journal, which qualifies corresponding authors for discounted author publication charges. Print subscriptions are also available. Visit http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/openaccess/ for more information.
Online Access and Collections
Access to articles from 1996 is normally available via a current subscription. In order to view content prior to 1996, access to the Oxford Journals digital archive is required. Alternatively, short term access on a pay per article basis is available.
Titles without an online-only subscription
The online-only rates have been removed for the following three titles, as online-only subscriptions will continue to be unavailable for 2008 (although online will still be available as part of a print subscription). This is because, on some occasions, we will not be able to obtain perpetual licenses to display enough of the illustrations within articles to justify the independent existence of an online-only version. The online version will provide useful 24/7 access to the full text of the journals, but will exclude the majority of the illustrations which will only be found in the print version.
- Journal of Design History
- Journal of the History of Collections
- Oxford Art Journal
Should you require any further information, please contact us:
Oxford Journals Digital Archive Update
Three new titles have opted-in to the Oxford Journals Digital Archive - that's a massive 48,000 additional pages!
- International and Comparative Law Quarterly
- Cardiovascular Research
- ICES Journal of Marine Science
Pricing information, including 2008 top-up fees for existing customers, is available at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/archive_pricing.html.
Oxford Journals Collection Update
15 titles have been added to the Oxford Journals Collection in 2008. A list of title for the full and subject-specific collections are available to download from http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/collection_sales.html.
Please contact our Collection Sales team with any enquiries or quote requests - see http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/quote.html for contact details.
For Developing Countries Customers
Oxford Journals will continue to offer developing countries free (or greatly discounted) online access to many of our journals. Further information, including a list of countries that qualify for free or reduced access in 2008, can be found at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/developing_countries_list.html.
Please note that in 2008 we will be basing our list of qualifying countries on 2006 World Bank Reports (and in 2009, on 2007 World Bank Reports).
We also offer reduced print prices to some of our journals for developing countries as shown in our 2008 Institutional Price List.
Keeping you Updated
Changes to our list
New launches, new acquisitions, and titles changing frequency