Pricing Policy and Conditions 2009
- 2009 Institutional Pricing Policy
- Exclusions to the 2009 Institutional Pricing Policy
- Payment Terms
- Discount To Agents
- Personal Rate Subscriptions
- Cancellation Policy
- Claims Policy
- Change of Address
- Managing Your Subscriptions
- Oxford Open Access
- Oxford Journals Collection Update
- Oxford Journals Archive update
- For Developing Countries Customers
- Contact Information
2009 Institutional Pricing Policy
Oxford Journals will continue to offer the following subscription options for individual title purchase by institutional subscribers with both the Online-only and Print-only options offering a 5% discount:
- Standard Institutional Subscription - Print with Online subscription includes a combined print subscription with site-wide online access to the title.
- Online-only Institutional Subscription - Site-wide online-only access is available at a 5% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription rate.
- Print-only Institutional Subscription - Print-only subscriptions are available at a 5% discount off the Standard Institutional Subscription. This will entitle the customer to receive a print copy of each issue of the title for the calendar year.
*Online access for items 1 and 2 above include:
- IP registered access across a single site (multi-sites may contact us to negotiate an extended license)
- Access to full-text in HTML (where available) and PDF - current contents, plus online back issues from 1996 where available
- Remote access allowed via secure proxy
- Inter-library loan
- Archival access to paid-for content
Full details of the Oxford Journals Institutional Site licence can be found at: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/help/site_licence_agreements.html
Additional Corporate Rates for 2009
We are extending the introduction of corporate rates across our titles for 2009.
For details of corporate rates refer to the 2009 Institutional Price List. Please note that corporate rates will not show on our online Prices and Ordering 2009 title pages until September.
2009 renewal notices sent to non-ftp agents will request the new corporate rate for all appropriate customers. If you would like to receive a list of your customers classified by us as corporate please contact Oxford Journals Customer Services
Exclusions to the 2009 Institutional Price Policy
- Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1969 onwards.
- Journal of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1926 onwards.
- Journal of Topology
A subscription to the print only version will be priced the same as our standard institutional subscription (print and online)
- Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society
Subscription to print and online, and online only versions include the complete digital archive giving access to all articles published from 1865 onwards.
Titles without an online-only subscription
The online-only rates have been removed for the following three titles, as online-only subscriptions will continue to be unavailable (although online will still be available as part of a print subscription). This is because, on some occasions, we will not be able to obtain perpetual licenses to display enough of the illustrations within articles to justify the independent existence of an online-only version. The online version will provide useful 24/7 access to the full text of the journals, but will exclude the majority of the illustrations which will only be found in the print version
- Journal of Design History
- Journal of the History of Collections
- Oxford Art Journal
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders. Payment should be in US dollars for orders being delivered to US or Canada; Euros for orders being delivered within Europe (excluding the UK); GBP sterling for orders being delivered elsewhere (i.e. not being delivered to US, Canada, or Europe).
All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- By cheque in £ sterling drawn on a UK bank, € euro drawn on a European bank, or in $ US drawn on a US bank. Cheques should be made payable to Oxford Journals. All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
- By bank transfer to Barclays Bank Plc, Oxford Group Office, Oxford (bank sort code: 20-65-18) (UK). Overseas only: SWIFT BARC GB 22.
- GB £ Sterling to a/c no 70299332 - IBAN GB89BARC20651870299332
- US $ Dollars to a/c no 66014600 - IBAN GB27BARC20651866014600
- EU € Euros to a/c no 78923655 - IBAN GB16BARC20651878923655
- By Mastercard, Switch/Maestro, Visa, or American Express. Due to excessive charges, subscription agents paying by credit card will forfeit their agency discount.
- By charge card: automatic annual charge to either Visa or Mastercard is available. Please contact us for further details.
Discount To Agents
Agents may deduct 5% from the prices quoted on titles. Please note that this discount is not applicable if payment is made by credit card.
The VAT number for Oxford Journals is GB 195 27 53 34. Please ensure that the new number is noted for all transactions from that date.
All subscriptions in Canada are subject to a Goods and Service Tax. Please add 5% to the prices quoted. Subscriptions in the EU may be subject to European VAT. If you are registered, please supply details to avoid unnecessary charges.
Online and Combined subscriptions for bill-to addresses in the UK are subject to VAT:
- For Online-only subscriptions please add 15% VAT to the total value of the subscription.
- For Online and Print packages please add 15% VAT on 30% of the total value of the subscription.
The UK standard rate of VAT will revert from 15% to 17.5% on 1 January 2010. Only orders received and processed before 31-Dec-09 will avoid the new tax on Europe sales of online products.
Personal Rate Subscriptions
Personal rates are applicable only when a subscription is for individual use and are not available if delivery is made to a corporate address. By purchasing subscriptions at this rate you are representing to Oxford Journals that the journal will be used only for personal, non-commercial purposes. Oxford Journals reserves its right to take appropriate action to recover any losses arising from any intended or unintended misrepresentation.
Personal print subscriptions will include online access from 1996 (where available).
Please note: Many Oxford Journals titles offer special member and student rates alongside institutional subscriptions. Please see individual titles for details.
Orders are regarded as firm and, after the first issue of the volume has been dispatched, subscription payments are not refundable.
Claims should be made within four months of publication or date of order (whichever is later
Change of Address
Please give four weeks notice of change of address, supplying both the old and new address details to Oxford Journals Customer Services
Managing Your Subscriptions
Remember that institutional customers can set up and manage online access, IP data and download usage statistics from one user-friendly account. The My Account link is visible in the top right hand corner of every page of our website. More details of this feature are available at: https://access.oxfordjournals.org/oup/login/local.do
Our content is also accessible via a selection of gateways including SwetsWise, EBSCOhost Electronic Journals Service, OCLC Electronic Collections Online, Ingenta, Minerva etc. For further details or contact Oxford Journals Customer Services
Oxford Open Update
Optional open access
Over 60 journals are now participating in our optional open access model, Oxford Open. For a list of titles and more information about this initiative please visit http://www.oxfordjournals.org/oxfordopen/open_access_titles.html.
Reduced author fees for authors at subscribing institutions
We would like to remind you that authors at subscribing institutions are eligible for discounted rates. Author publication charges under the optional Oxford Open model, and a list of journals included in this model can be found at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/oxfordopen/.
2009 price adjustments
2009 online-only subscription prices for journals offering the optional Oxford Open model have been adjusted to reflect any increase in the amount of open access versus non-open access content published in each journal in 2007 compared to the amount in 2006. For more information please visit http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/journalsupdate_issue2._0708.pdf
PMC and open access content
Open access content for 58 journals participating in the Oxford Open initiative is now being automatically deposited in PubMed Central (PMC). For more information please visit http://www.oxfordjournals.org/news/2008/06/13/pubmed_central.html
Oxford Journals’ full open access titles
Nucleic Acids Research (NAR) and DNA Research will continue to be published under a fully open access model in 2009. Institutions can choose to purchase institutional membership to the journal, which qualifies corresponding authors for discounted author publication charges. Print subscriptions are also available. Visit http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/openaccess/ and http://dnaresearch.oxfordjournals.org/ for more information.
Oxford Journals Collection Update
Many of our journals are available as a package to institutional subscribers. The Oxford Journals Collection includes content dating back to 1996. 19 journals have been added to the Oxford Journals Collection in 2009. A list of titles for the full and subject collections are available to download from http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/collection_sales.html. Please contact our Collection Sales team with any enquiries or quote requests - see http://www.oxfordjournals.org/for_librarians/quote.html for contact details.
Oxford Journals Archive Update
Access to articles from 1996 onwards is normally available via a current journal subscription or through the Oxford Journals Collection. In order to view content prior to 1996, access to the Oxford Journals Archive is required (or alternatively, short term access on a pay per article basis is available).
During 2009, a further 10 journals will join the archive, bringing the total number of pages to over 3,000,000 and articles to more than 800,000:
- German History
- The Gerontologist
- Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences
- Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences
- Leo Baeck Institute Yearbook
- Oral History Review
- Systematic Biology
There are no leavers to the Oxford Journals Archive. For a full list of titles please visit http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/archives.html
Pricing information, including 2009 top-up fees for existing customers, is available at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/archive_pricing.html
For Developing Countries Customers
Oxford Journals will continue to offer developing countries free (or greatly discounted) online access to many of our journals. Further information, including a list of countries that qualify for free or reduced access in 2009, can be found at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/developing_countries_list.html.
Please note that in 2009 we will be basing our list of qualifying countries on 2007 World Bank Reports (and in 2010 on 2008 World Bank Reports).
We also offer reduced print prices to some of our journals for developing countries as shown in our 2009 Institutional Price List.
Keeping you Updated
Changes to our list
New launches, new acquisitions, and titles changing frequency