Pricing Policy and Conditions 2012
- Institutional Pricing Policy
- Payment Terms
- Discount To Agents
- Personal Rate Subscriptions
- Cancellation Policy
- Claims Policy
- Change of Address
- Managing Your Subscriptions
- For Developing Countries Customers
- Contact Information
Institutional Pricing Policy
Since 2010 the online only price has been the base price for the journals we publish, with the print only price calculated at 110% and the print and online combined at 120% of the online only. Subscriptions cover content from 1996 to the present day and perpetual access is granted to subscribed-to content.
Oxford Journals will continue to offer standard (print plus online), online only and print only subscription options on individual journals.
- Online-only Institutional Subscription - Site-wide online-only access (the 'base price' - 100% of the list price).
- Print-only Institutional Subscription - Print-only subscriptions are available at a 10% premium on the Online only Institutional Subscription. This will entitle the customer to receive a print copy of each issue of the title for each calendar year.
- Standard Institutional Subscription - Print with Online subscription includes a combined print subscription with site-wide online access to the title at a 20% premium on the Online-only Institutional Subscription.
*Online access for items 1 and 3 above include:
- IP registered access across a single site (multi-sites may contact us to negotiate an extended license)
- Access to full-text in HTML (where available) and PDF - current contents, plus online back issues from 1996 where available
- Remote access allowed via secure proxy
- Inter-library loan
- Archival access to paid-for content
Full details of the Oxford Journals Institutional Site licence can be found at: http://www.oxfordjournals.org/help/site_licence_agreements.html
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders. Payment should be in US dollars for orders being delivered to US or Canada; Euros for orders being delivered within Europe (excluding the UK); GBP sterling for orders being delivered elsewhere (i.e. not being delivered to US, Canada, or Europe).
All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
The following methods of payment are accepted:
- By cheque in £ sterling drawn on a UK bank, € euro drawn on a European bank, or in $ US drawn on a US bank. Cheques should be made payable to Oxford Journals. All orders should be accompanied by full payment and sent to your nearest Oxford Journals office.
- By bank transfer to Barclays Bank Plc, Oxford Group Office, Oxford (bank sort code: 20-65-18) (UK). Overseas only: SWIFT BARC GB 22.
- GB £ Sterling to a/c no 70299332 - IBAN GB89BARC20651870299332
- US $ Dollars to a/c no 66014600 - IBAN GB27BARC20651866014600
- EU € Euros to a/c no 78923655 - IBAN GB16BARC20651878923655
- By Mastercard, Switch/Maestro, Visa, or American Express. Due to excessive charges, subscription agents paying by credit card will forfeit their agency discount.
- By charge card: automatic annual charge to either Visa or Mastercard is available. Please contact us for further details.
Discount To Agents
Agents may deduct 5% from the prices quoted on titles. Please note that this discount is not applicable if payment is made by credit card.
The VAT number for Oxford Journals is GB 125 50 67 30. Please ensure that this number is noted for all transactions where it is required.
1. If you are paying via an Agent please contact the Agent for details on the VAT charge.
2. If you are in the UK please add 20% to either 35% of the total value of a combined subscription or onto the total value of an online subscription.
3. If you are in the European Union outside the UK and have a Vat number, then please let us know this so we can update our records accordingly. You will be responsible for any VAT under the reverse charge procedures.
4. For an online or combined subscription, if no Vat number is supplied and the bill-to address is in the EU outside the UK, then the Vat rates in point 2 will apply.
5. For a print or combined subscription to a UK title, if no Vat number is supplied and the ship-to address is in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy or the Netherlands, then Vat will be due on the total of the print subscription or 65% of the combined subscription at that country's local rate for print subscriptions.
6. For a print or combined subscription if the ship-to address is in Canada then Canadian GST will be applied to the total of the print subscription or 65% of the combined subscription.
Personal Rate Subscriptions
Personal rates are applicable only when a subscription is for individual use and are not available if delivery is made to a corporate address. By purchasing subscriptions at this rate you are representing to Oxford Journals that the journal will be used only for personal, non-commercial purposes. Oxford Journals reserves its right to take appropriate action to recover any losses arising from any intended or unintended misrepresentation.
Personal print subscriptions will include online access from 1996 (where available).
Please note: Many Oxford Journals titles offer special member and student rates alongside institutional subscriptions. Please see individual titles for details.
Orders are regarded as firm and, after the first issue of the volume has been dispatched, subscription payments are not refundable.
Claims should be made within four months of publication or date of order (whichever is later)
Change of Address
Please give four weeks notice of change of address, supplying both the old and new address details to Oxford Journals Customer Services
Managing Your Subscriptions
Remember that institutional customers can set up and manage online access, IP data and download usage statistics from one user-friendly account. The My Account link is visible in the top right hand corner of every page of our website. More details of this feature are available at: https://access.oxfordjournals.org/oup/login/local.do
Our content is also accessible via a selection of gateways including SwetsWise, EBSCOhost Electronic Journals Service, OCLC Electronic Collections Online, Ingenta, Minerva etc. For further details or contact Oxford Journals Customer Services
For Developing Countries Customers
Oxford Journals will continue to offer developing countries free (or greatly discounted) online access to many of our journals. Further information, including a list of countries that qualify for free or reduced access in 2012, can be found at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/access_purchase/developing_countries_list.html.
Please note that in 2012 we will be basing our list of qualifying countries on 2010 World Bank Reports.
We also offer reduced print prices to some of our journals for developing countries as shown in our 2012 Institutional Price List.
Should you require any further information, please contact us
Keeping you Updated
Changes to our list
New launches, new acquisitions, and titles changing frequency