What we offer to societies
Oxford Journals offers an end-to-end publishing service for society journals that covers the following core areas:
• Management and development
• Online publication and development
• Customer service
We partner with you at every stage of the publishing process to ensure our service meets the highest standards of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
We draw on our broad experience as a society journal publisher to provide a full range of services for your members that can include:
• user-friendly online access to your journal,
• exclusive online features and functionality,
• attractive discounts on Oxford University Press books,
• a subscriber helpline to handle queries and problems.
At Oxford Journals, we understand the importance of attracting the best authors, and we ensure the level of service required to achieve this. We work with each society and editorial team to understand and meet the needs of your specific authors. This can include:
• online submission/copyright processing,
• rapid publication,
• proofs by email,
• publishing ahead of print.
Our primary objective is to develop the highest quality product for your readers, both in print and online. We maximize your visibility and readership through a variety of channels, ranging from traditional subscriptions to online access via intermediaries and consortia arrangements.
Librarians are key decision makers in subscription purchasing and retention. To meet their specific needs, we provide ongoing support and a wide range of subscription options. In addition to traditional models, we offer flexible journal access through a variety of channels.
Our dedicated departments take on all customer service and order processing responsibilities. Member services representatives liaise with societies to keep their member lists up to date and routinely deal with queries regarding customer subscriptions, missing issues, online queries, and payments on orders. We have dedicated customer service departments in our US, UK, and Tokyo offices.
The subscriptions departments in our US and UK offices share a common Oxford Journals subscription system that provides convenient and efficient service to subscribers worldwide. To ensure that societies and subscribers receive consistent service, these departments handle all aspects of the subscription process, including:
• receiving orders,
• processing payments,
• managing print and online subscriptions for individual and institutional subscribers,
• keeping mailing lists up to date,
• ensuring orders are processed for single and replacement copies,
• sending mailing labels to printer.