The AEPP Success Story
Below is a brief update on AEPP’s progress and success to date. As you will see, the journal is quickly gaining recognition among the economics profession as well as among policy makers and the main stream media.
- In 2013, the total number of full text downloads was over 59,000
- Our top downloaded article, The Social Costs and Benefits of Biofuels: The Intersection of Environmental, Energy and Agricultural Policy by Harry de Gorter and David R. Just, has received over 25,900 full text downloads to date.
- The journal has a regular readership of more than 1,400 people, who receive email alerts when new articles and issues publish online.
2012 Impact Factor: 1.621
Ranked 67 out of 332 journals in the Economics category
A freely available podcast interview is produced for each issue, adding a popular dimension to the journal.
- The most popular podcast, Interview with Thomas Hertel on how climate change affects the poor, has been downloaded more than 6,100 times since September 2010, and people are continuing to download it.
- All of the podcasts combined have been downloaded over 39,000 times.
Recognition from the profession should also be noted. Brian Wright said of his AEPP published paper: 'This article generated more immediate feedback from my colleagues than any other article that I have published'.
The Economics of Grain Price Volatility
Brian D. Wright
Expanding the Scope and Readership
We are continuing to work on expanding the readership and author base of the journal
through the publication of contemporary and emerging economic policy issues.
The submission of Featured Article themes are welcomed. The AEPP is emerging as a
resource for scholars, policy makers and the popular press.
- About the journal
- Read the AEPP Success Story
- Rights & Permissions
- Dispatch date of the next issue
- We are mobile – find out more
- This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
Published on behalf of
Impact factor: 1.328
5-Yr impact factor: 1.589
Pennsylvania State University
London School of Economics and Political Science
University of Minnesota
- AEPP call for submissions
- Instructions to authors
- Submit now!
- Services for authors
- Author Self Archiving Policy
- AEPP Special Issues Protocol