Indexing and Archiving
Thomson Reuters has recently accepted AoB PLANTS for coverage in Science Citation Index, Current Contents, BIOSIS Previews, and Biological Abstracts. All articles published in AoB PLANTS since its establishment in 2010 will begin appearing in Web of Science as of October 2013.
In addition, AoB PLANTS deposits all published articles into PubMed Central, the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journals.
Articles are also indexed or listed by:
- Google Scholar
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Chemical Abstracts
- Crop Physiology Abstracts (CABI)
- Crop Science Database (CABI)
- Environmental Science Database (CABI)
- Field Crops Abstracts (CABI)
- Food and Science Technology Abstracts Database (FSTA)
- Forest Science Database (CABI)
- Forestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Grassland and Forage Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetic Resources Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetics and Breeding Database (CABI)
- Plant Growth Regulator Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Protection Database (CABI)
- Review of Plant Pathology (CABI)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soil Science Database (CABI)
- Weed Abstracts (CABI)
AoB PLANTS continually pursues other appropriate abstracting and indexing services to ensure wide visibility of articles published in the journal.
Articles published in AoB PLANTS are digitally preserved with Portico, the Koninklijke Bibliotheek (the National Library of the Netherlands) and the LOCKSS preservation initiative of Stanford University. Per these agreements, papers in AoB PLANTS are securely archived in several repositories. This ensures the future availability of archived content over time independently of any future changes in publisher or in technical migration to new electronic formats.