About the Journal
The mission of this quarterly journal is to publish mathematical or, more broadly, quantitative research of the highest quality, impact and relevance that can be directly utilised or have demonstrable potential to be employed by managers in profit, not-for-profit, third party and governmental/public organisations to improve their practices. Thus the research must be quantitative and of the highest quality if it is to be published in the journal. Furthermore, the outcome of the research must be ultimately useful for managers. The journal also publishes novel meta-analyses of the literature, reviews of the "state-of-the art" in a manner that provides new insight, and genuine applications of mathematics to real-world problems in the form of case studies. The journal welcomes papers dealing with topics in Operational Research and Management Science, Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Transportation Science, Marketing Science, Analytics, and Financial and Risk Modelling.
Requirements for publication
Manuscripts accepted for publication must meet all of the following criteria:
- Scientific rigour: the scientific contribution of the manuscripts should be of the highest quality and rigour and all experimentations (either with theoretically generated or empirical data) should be described in a way that facilitates their reproducibility.
- Managerial relevance: all manuscripts must contain a section or sub-section on the managerial implications and impact of the research for real world practices.
- Value-to-length relationship: the value/contribution of the manuscript must be proportional to its length. Please consider complementing your submission with an Electronic Companion.
- Language: the language and presentation must be of high quality: where they are not, manuscripts will be rejected regardless of the value of their scientific content.
- Title: The title must be interesting, clear and concise, and relevant to the general audience of the journal.
- Abstract: The abstract must be written in language that the general audience can understand, appreciate and relate to. That is, the use of heavy technicalities and jargon should be avoided, and the abstract must contain statements covering explicit managerial implications and relevance.
Abstracting and Indexing Services
The IMA Journal of Management Mathematics is covered by the following abstracting/indexing services:-
American Mathematical Society
Mathematical Reviews (MR)
PROQUEST DATABASE : Magazines
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest 5000
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest 5000 International
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Central
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Discovery
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest International Academic Research Library
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest News & Magazines
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Pharma Collection
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Research Library
PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Science Journals
Science Citation Index®
Statistical Theory & Method Abstracts (STMA-Z)
The Standard Periodical Directory
|Year||Impact Factor||Si: Operations Research & Management Science||Si: Mathematics, Interdisciplinary Applications||Ssi: Management||Ssi: Social Sciences, Mathematical Methods|
|2015||0.878||59 out of 82||65 out of 101||135 out of 192||31 out of 49|
|2014||0.500||75 out of 81||87 out of 99||153 out of 185||41 out of 46|
|2013||0.471||71 out of 79||83 out of 95||142 out of 172||40 out of 45|
|2012||0.593||61 out of 78||70 out of 92||134 out of 172||35 out of 44|
|2011||0.404||79 out of 92||144 out of 166|
|2010||0.608||68 out of 93|
- About this journal
- Rights & Permissions
- Dispatch date of the next issue
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- We are mobile – find out more
- This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). When unethical behaviour is alleged, we follow COPE guidelines
- Journals Career Network