Thematic Collection and Classics: Resources
MBE now releases a list of articles designated Citation Classics to celebrate and highlight the diversity and impact of MBE publications in molecular evolutionary research. The Early (1983 – 2007) and Recent (2008 – 2012) Citation Classics are selected based on the highest number of citations per year in each period (see below). Overall, a total of 1% of MBE’s publications is given Citation Classic designations. Of these, publications primarily focused on Resources for use in evolutionary analysis are listed below in reverse chronological order. In addition, we have highlighted a few recently published resource contributions.
Recently Published Resources (2011-2012)
- Bayesian Phylogenetics with BEAUti and the BEAST 1.7 (2012)
- PartitionFinder: Combined Selection of Partitioning Schemes and Substitution Models for Phylogenetic Analyses (2012)
- REvolver: Modeling Sequence Evolution under Domain Constraints (2012)
- PredAlgo: A New Subcellular Localization Prediction Tool Dedicated to Green Algae(2012)
- Phylo-MCOA: A Fast and Efficient Method to Detect Outlier Genes and Species in Phylogenomics Using Multiple Co-inertia Analysis (2012)
- MISFITS: Evaluating the Goodness of Fit between a Phylogenetic Model and an Alignment (2011)
MBE Recent Citation Classics (2008 – 2012)
- MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods (2011)
Tamura and colleagues in Volume 28(10) Pp. 2731-2739.
- SeaView version 4: A multiplatform graphical user interface for sequence alignment and phylogenetic tree building (2010)
Gouy and colleagues in Volume 27(2) Pp. 221-224.
- FastTree: Computing large minimum evolution trees with profiles instead of a distance matrix (2009)
Price and colleagues in Volume 26(7) Pp. 1641-1650.
- jModelTest: Phylogenetic model averaging (2008)
Posada in Volume 25(7) Pp. 1253-1256.
MBE Early Citation Classics (1983 – 2007)
- MEGA4: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0 (2007)
Tamura and colleagues in Volume 24(8) Pp. 1596-1599.
- PAML 4: Phylogenetic analysis by maximum likelihood (2007)
Yang in Volume 24(8) Pp. 1586-1591.
Selection Procedure. For the Early category, life-time citation impacts of publications from 1983 – 2007 were obtained from Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge on October 15, 2012. From the resulting set (>3,500), 18 publications reporting biological discoveries and 18 publications reporting methods and resources were designated Early Citation Classics. For the Recent category, seven discovery and seven methods and resources publications were selected based on the highest number of citations per year for publications between 2008 and 2012 (>1,300).
Updated on 19th October 2012
- Submit Online Now
- Editorial Process
- Manuscript Types
- General Author Guidelines
- Supplementary Information
- Conflict of Interest
- Open Access
- Page Charges
- Public Preprint Policy
Sign up for Alerts
Impact factor: 10.353
5-Yr impact factor: 11.221
Published on behalf of
Open access options for authors - visit Oxford Open