Thematic Collection and Classics: Tree of Life
MBE now releases a list of articles designated Citation Classics to celebrate and highlight the diversity and impact of MBE publications in molecular evolutionary research. The Early (1983 – 2007) and Recent (2008 – 2012) Citation Classics are selected based on the highest number of citations per year in each period (see below). Overall, a total of 1% of MBE’s publications is given Citation Classic designations. Of these, a subset relates to the Tree of Life, which are given below in reverse chronological order.
MBE Recent Citation Classics (2008 – 2012)
- A phylogenomic approach to resolve the arthropod tree of life (2010)
Meusemann and colleagues in Volume 27(11) Pp. 2451-2464.
- Improved phylogenomic taxon sampling noticeably affects nonbilaterian relationships (2010)
Pick and colleagues in Volume 27(9) Pp. 1983-1987.
- Revisiting the insect mitochondrial molecular clock: the mid-Aegean trench calibration (2010)
Papadopoulou and colleagues in Volume 27(7) Pp. 1659-1672.
- Timing of genome duplications relative to the origin of the vertebrates: Did cyclostomes diverge before or after? (2009)
Kuraku and colleagues in Volume 26(1) Pp. 47-59.
- Confirming the phylogeny of mammals by use of large comparative sequence data sets (2008)
Prasad and colleagues in Volume 25(9) Pp. 1795-1808.
MBE Early Citation Classics (1983 – 2007)
- Paleontological evidence to date the tree of life (2007)
Benton and colleagues in Volume 24(1) Pp. 26-53.
- Multigene analyses of bilaterian animals corroborate the monophyly of Ecdysozoa, Lophotrochozoa, and Protostomia (2005)
Philippe and colleagues in Volume 22(5) Pp. 1246-1253.
- A molecular timeline for the origin of photosynthetic eukaryotes (2004)
Yoon and colleagues in Volume 21(5) Pp. 809-818.
- Prokaryotic evolution in light of gene transfer (2002)
Gogarten and colleagues in Volume 19(12) Pp. 2226-2238.
- Nuclear-encoded,plastid-targeted genes suggest a single common origin for Apicomplexan and Dinoflagellate plastids (2001)
Fast and colleagues in Volume 18(3) Pp. 418-426.
- Relationships between gene trees and species trees (1988)
Pamilo and Nei in Volume 5(5) Pp. 568-583.
Selection Procedure. For the Early category, life-time citation impacts of publications from 1983 – 2007 were obtained from Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge on October 15, 2012. From the resulting set (>3,500), 18 publications reporting biological discoveries and 18 publications reporting methods and resources were designated Early Citation Classics. For the Recent category, seven discovery and seven methods and resources publications were selected based on the highest number of citations per year for publications between 2008 and 2012 (>1,300).
Updated on 19th October 2012
- Submit Online Now
- Editorial Process
- Manuscript Transfers
- Manuscript Types
- General Author Guidelines
- Supplementary Information
- Conflict of Interest
- Open Access
- Page Charges
- Public Preprint Policy
- Pre-Submission Inquiries
- MBE Press
Sign up for Alerts
Impact factor: 9.105
5-Yr impact factor: 11.667
Published on behalf of
Open access options for authors - visit Oxford Open
- Rights & Permissions
- Dispatch date of the next issue
- We are mobile – find out more
- This journal is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)